Do’s and Don’ts of Social Media Management
Ever wondered what habits to do and to avoid for social media management? We’re here to help.
Does your business regularly engage in social media? Are you tweeting, liking, and Googling your way to company success? If so, you may already know the best social media practices to follow. In the digital world of business brand building, there are some standard do’s and don’ts of social media management.
This is, without a doubt, the most difficult of the social media platforms to be successful on. The endless changes to the newsfeed algorithm forces you to review your strategies and results continually. Here’s what you need to know:
- Don’t worry about page likes.
- Do be concerned about post likes, comments, and shares. These three functions tell you what content engages your followers, and what to should post more of.
- Post different content, ranging from videos, text, images, and links.
- Leave at least 3 hours between posts in order to let content sit and establish the most reach.
Ever managed several accounts on Twitter? You’ll know that this platform requires patience and discipline.
- Make good use of relevant hashtags, and tag users on every Tweet. Irrelevant hashtags can damage your content, as well as attracting spam accounts.
- Retweet content that you find relevant and interesting, especially from local businesses and users. This gives followers a better user experience and captures more referral traffic.
- Avoid over-Tweeting at all costs! There’s a sweet spot where 4 to 7 tweets a day is ideal, too much is overkill, and too little is useless.
- Post at various times during the day so that followers get fresh content on their feeds.
As you can see, there are certain guidelines to follow if you want to get the best results for your business. If you need some help with your company’s social media management, contact Stratosphere Marketing Solutions in Westlake Village, California! As experts in the industry, we offer head-to-toe digital marketing services that get your social media marketing on the right path.